So...do I have an easy & cheap DIY for you! And what do you know? They make great place settings since we just learned how to incorporate them into your party.
These will be great to add to your stash of party supplies. I can't tell you how many times I use them and not just as place settings. And every time I pull them out, it reminds me how great they are to have to simply spruce up a party.
What you need:
- a countertop sample from any home improvement store (black is best so it will be black on both sides, but if you can't get black, you could always spray paint the other side.)
-a piece of chalkboard vinyl (purchased from craft stores or online)
- hole punch, standard size
1. Cut the vinyl to the exact size of the counter top sample.
2. Remove the backing of the vinyl to expose the sticky side and attach it to the rough side of the counter top piece.
3. Using a standard size hole punch, punch the vinyl where the hole was.
4. Attach ribbon, bakers twine or any other embellishments you want.
Easy and cheap, right?
Have fun with your new chalkboard labels and place settings.
*I originally posted these DIY Chalkboard Place Settings over at Bright, Bold, Beautiful. I'll be posting there occasionally, so be sure to follow!