*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Have you missed a lesson in our A to Z series? Check out: Ambiance | Beverages | Clean-up | Decorations | Entertainment | Favors | Guests | Hosting Tips | Invitations | Jukebox | Kids | Lighting | Menu
After all that talk last week about menu, we can’t forget napkins! Since nearly every party has food, napkins are a must! Besides, napkins are a very simple way to spruce up any event. You might not have considered these tips:
1. Keep a stash of napkins on hand. Pick them up when you see them on clearance and then you will have a go-to supply when you need them.
2. Make sure there are plenty of napkins next to the food. A good rule of thumb is 2 napkins per guest.
3. If you are serving a full dinner, be sure to place one napkin at every plate. Incorporate the napkin into the place setting if possible.
4. Your napkins should match with the theme and color scheme.
5. Adding a designed napkin to even a plain white dinner plate can go a long way.
6. Even if you are not decorating for the party, use a napkin to create a burst of festiveness.
7. Cloth napkins are fancy and all, but paper ones are simpler, require less clean-up, and are cheaper. However for some events like wedding dinners, cloth will really increase the formality of the event.
For our quiz this week, take a picture showing how you use a fun napkin this week. It can be at a party, or simply one of your regular daily meals. Share it on Instagram tagging @sofestiveblog and #sofestivepartyplanning or upload a photo to our Facebook page and leave a comment so we can check it out!
All of these points you are earning each week will give you a chance to win a huge PARTY PACK at the end of the semester.
*Images styled and photographed by Marcelle Calder Photography