Create some extra magic with these simple and inexpensive St. Patrick’s Day gifts. Little leprechauns love leaving these for kids to find on St. Patrick’s Day morning.
St. Patrick’s Day Gifts From the Little Leprechaun
St. Patrick’s Day is one of those super fun holidays you can celebrate with magical and easy traditions.
Our children get so excited to wake up on March 17th to see if the leprechaun has visited. In all honesty, I’m not one to stress myself out or spend hours and hours setting something up, so as always, these ideas are quick and easy along with these favorite St. Patrick’s Day traditions.
Favorite St. Patrick’s Day Traditions
- Eating Lucky Charms or green pancakes for breakfast (see the end of the post for a fun way to make it extra special!)
- Making Green Mean Machines, the perfect pinch-proof potion
- Having a St. Patrick’s Day family-friendly dinner (that’s not corned beef)
- Eating Leprechaun’s favorite treat for a family movie night
- Having a family home evening lesson all about St. Patrick!
But if you ask my children their favorite tradition, they will tell you that finding gifts from the Little Leprechaun is their favorite!
St. Patrick’s Day Gifts from the Little Leprechaun
Before you get stressed out thinking “Oh, no! Not another gift holiday!”, just know that there are so many ways to do gifts from the little leprechaun. Remember our goal is to make life festive simply.
For that reason, if the leprechaun brings a gift, it’s something inexpensive and useful. I think it’s a great time to surprise the kids with some new art supplies since my children love to do all art all day long!
We’ve also done rainbow-colored kids cups and bowls.
St. Patrick’s Day Gift Ideas
Here’s some inexpensive and simple St. Patrick’s Day gift ideas.
- Rainbow-colored cups and bowls (from Ikea or Walmart)
- Classic colors Crayola markers or crayons
- Colored pencils
- Watercolor paint set
- Colored Goldfish Crackers
- Rainbow books
- Rainbow jewelry
- Lucky Charms
SHOP RAINBOW THEMED GIFT IDEAS
GREEN GIFT IDEAS
- Sour Cream and Onion Pringles
- Green Sour Skittles
- Junior Mints
- Green necklace
- Green St. Patrick’s Day socks
- Mike & Ikes Candy
- Green milk for Lucky Charms
- Lime Popcorn
GOLD ST. PATRICK’S DAY GIFT IDEAS
- Gold Chocolate coins candy
- Rolos candy
- Hershey’s Nuggets in gold wrappers
- Gold earrings or bracelet
- Gold mug
Pot of Gold St. Patrick’s Day Gift
If you want to go with a “gold” gift, leave chocolate coins or gold-wrapped Rolos! Package them up in a cute mini pot, treasure box (like below) or just scatter them on the table or around the house.
I created these cute treasure boxes with die-cuts from a craft store and filled them gold for my family! So simple, but festive! Or you could use mini gold pots.
What you need:
Dyed Milk From the Leprechaun
My children love waking up to find that a leprechaun has turned the milk green!
That leprechaun must know that children love eating their Lucky Charms, a once a year tradition, with colored milk!
I hope these simple St. Patrick’s Day gifts ideas will inspire you to create a little extra excitement at your house!
Have a festive St. Patrick’s Day! Show off your celebrations by tagging @sofestive on IG to be featured!