*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Menu is the best part of a party–at least we think so! A party without food is not really a party, right? We could spend weeks and weeks on this topic, but for now, we’ll give you our favorite menu tips and then we’ll have some more posts coming up on this topic.
1. Plan your menu as early as you can. Plan your menu as soon as you have a theme, or is it the other way around? (Yes, sometimes we plan parties just to have an excuse to have certain food!) Regardless of the order, planning your menu should be one of the first things you do.
2. To plan your menu, get out a good ole’ piece of paper and start jotting ideas down. Decide if you are serving a full dinner, or just appetizers, or just desserts.
3. Keep your guests in mind. Does anyone have allergies? Or are there vegans in the group? Cater your menu towards your guests. Kids aren’t going to like escargot, and adults might not be too excited for chicken nuggets.
4. If you are serving a full dinner, be sure to plan an appetizer/salad, main dish, dessert, and beverage as part of your menu.
5. Your menu for Hors d’oeuvres should include sweet and savory options, as well as beverages.
6. If you are going to making some of the food yourself, do as much ahead of time as possible. Lots of menu items freeze well. So don’t feel like you have to wait until the day of the party to make everything.
7. You can keep the party food warm in a 200 degree oven until you are ready to serve.
8. Don’t feel like you have to make everything from scratch. To simplify, buy some of the food pre-made and spruce it up. Always, always, always take it out of the store packaging, though. Put it on a fancy tray and no one will ever know!
Want to be this semester’s best student and win a HUGE party pack?
Leave a comment telling us what your favorite party food is to get another point towards your grade this semester.
For an extra point, share our Semester 2 poster with your friends on Facebook.
Also…We’re sharing one of our favorite party foods over on Oh So Delicioso today.
Hint: It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Photos by Marcelle Calder Photography
Click below for all other A to Z lessons! Or subscribe to all the updates on the sidebar –>