*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Easy, quick, and festive Peanut Butter Bars for Valentine’s Day in under 30 minutes!
Simple Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Bars
Sprinkles make everything festive, right? That’s why today I’m going to show you how to turn ordinary Peanut Butter bars into the most festive little treats for Valentine’s Day. That is, if they can last that long. We made a giant pan of these goodies and they were gone the same day.
Oops. Our secret, okay?
When you’ve got to feed a crowd, bar recipes are the way to go!
My go-to bar recipe is this Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar recipe (one of THE most popular recipes on this site!), but the recipe for these Peanut Butter bars is right up there!
How to Make These Peanut Butter Bars
You can make up the batter in no time, bake for 10 minutes, and then spread some peanut butter and homemade chocolate frosting on the bars.
You can cut the peanut butter bars in squares, but you’ll get extra festive points by using a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the bars after they have been frosted.
The hearts are so cute, right?
Once you have the frosting spread, add the sprinkles!
Because sprinkles make everything festive!
Easy to Share
You can package them up in cute striped paper bags for a little love gift, too!
What You Need:
- The simple and quick Peanut Butter Bar recipe (below!)
- Large cookie sheet- a baker’s half sheet. (I always use this one!)
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
Amazing Peanut Butter Bar RecipePrint
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cream butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Then add in peanut butter.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Spread on large greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- When mostly cooled, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top. Then add a layer of chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkle sprinkles on top and then use a cookie cutter to cut out the hearts.
*If you want thicker bars, bake this same recipe in a 9×13 pan.
OTHER FUN & SIMPLE VALENTINE’S DAY FOOD IDEAS:
The Best Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe- recipe here
5-Minute Valentine’s Day Lunch For Kids- all the details here!