We have a motto in our house to “Let the Cheerios Fly!”– meaning that we just need to let some things happen and not get uptight about them. This indoor activity goes perfectly along with our motto. And let me tell you, letting things literally fly can really brighten up the mood. (We’ve been fighting colds for weeks now!) Credit for this activity idea goes to my sister. I’m so happy she told us about it because it was a blast!
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Here’s how you can let the popcorn fly!
What You Need:
-a popcorn popper
-something to set popcorn popper on
1. Set everything out on the blanket. Turn popcorn popper on, pour in kernels, and remove popper lid (this will allow the popcorn to fly!)
2. Stand a little ways away from the popper, and be sure to not let anyone touch the popper. It’s hot!
3. It will take a few minutes for it to get popping, but once it does, here comes the fun!
4. The popcorn will FLY out of the popcorn maker, making it fun to watch. (And trust me, my little guy really did love it, even though his face might say otherwise. This is his concentrated look.)
5. While you are it, snack away. It’s healthy!
6. Chances are, you’ll want to repeat it again and again.
7. It’s easy to clean up , too. Just shake the blanket off outside or into the trash.
What are you doing to stay busy during these winter months? Please share!