Make your own New Year’s Eve ball drop with this simple tutorial!
BALL DROP DIY
Watching the New York City ball drop is one of the most popular New Year’s traditions. And now you can do your own ball drop right at home!
We hosted a “New York New Years Eve” party this year. When you think of a New York New Year’s Eve, don’t you think of the countdown ball? So do I. That’s why at last minute my sister and I decided to rummage through the craft supplies and see what we could come up with. Considering it was last minute, it turned out spectacular and really added some extra flair to the night.
I’m going to show you how easy it is to make one! Seriously as easy as 1-2-3.
DIY BALL DROP SUPPLIES:
- mod podge or school glue
- foam brush
- string to hang your countdown ball
BALL DROP DIRECTIONS
Making this countdown ball will be a little messy, so be sure to make it outside or put some covering down on work area.
1. Blow up the balloon and tie it off.
2. Using the foam brush, spread mod podge or glue over a section of the balloon. Sprinkle glitter on the glued section. Shake off remaining glitter.
3. Repeat until the entire balloon is covered.
4. To hang, attach the string to the top of the balloon. Hang at desired level. That’s all!
Look how fun your DIY ball drop looks!