Keep children entertained while the turkey is cooking with these adorable DIY Edible Turkeys Thanksgiving favors. Plus Thanksgiving kids table ideas at the end of the post.
EDIBLE THANKSGIVING FAVORS FOR KIDS
Cooking Thanksgiving dinner is a looong process. That’s why it’s good to have a few activities for the kids to do to keep them busy, having fun, and out of the kitchen.
These DIY Edible Turkeys are a good way to do just that. They are simple enough for little fingers, but older children can make them as fancy as they want!
What you need to make Edible Turkeys:
- colored candy such as sour patch kids or colored mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE FAVORS FOR KIDS:
1. Sort the candy by colors. Put 5 on each toothpick.
2. Stick the toothpick with the “feathers” anywhere on the apple.
3. Stick chocolate chips with the pointy side into the apple for the eyes.
4. To make a gobbler, cut a toothpick in half and stick an orange candy on it and attach to the apple.
Seriously, how cute are they? Let’s zoom in on the details…
thanksgiving food ideas for kids parties
- Sure, the turkeys are cute perfect, but just let the kids use their creativity and come up with all sorts of interesting-looking DIY Edible Turkeys.
- You can have older kids make them, or you can have them already made for the kids to munch on while the turkey is cooking. It won’t spoil their dinner too much since the bulk of the DIY Edible Turkey is a healthy apple, right?
- Most of all, just have fun!