A light and fluffy dough that’s perfect for dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls.
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pour hot water over margarine. Let cool just enough before adding yeast in. After you add yeast, let the mixture bubble for a few minutes.
- Add in 2 eggs and mix sugar, salt, and flour and baking powder in. Mix until a soft dough forms. You may need to add up to 1 extra cup of flour so that it isn’t too sticky.
- Let rise until double in size (about 1-2 hours).
- Form into rolls* and let rise again (another 1/2 hour.)
- Bake for 8-11 minutes at 375.
- *to make into croissants, roll dough into a large circle. use a pizza cutter to cut into thin triangles. start rolling each triangle from large end until it looks like a croissant.
- Category: Breads
Keywords: rolls, fairy rolls