*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Where’s Waldo? Create a fun Where’s Waldo family Halloween costume with these tips to do it cheaply and easily!
Cheap Family Costume Ideas
Family Halloween costumes don’t have to be expensive or elaborate.
But it’s tradition to dress up as a family like we have in the past:
Such was the case for our family Where’s Waldo Halloween Costumes! (We knew we needed a simple family costume that would be ready before our baby arrived since I knew I wouldn’t have the energy to create anything afterwards. )
How To Create Waldo Costumes for just $20:
If you know you won’t have time or energy to find all the costume pieces, you can always grab Where’s Waldo Costumes here.
1. We bought all of the adult Waldo shirts at thrift stores. My husband’s Waldo shirt was an official Where’s Waldo shirt, whereas mine and my toddler boy’s was just a red & white striped shirt. Keep your eyes open! Even the baby onesie was easy to find. Red and white striped shirts is a pretty common pattern.
Total for shirts= $10
2. The Waldo glasses are from Dollar Tree. We punched out the glass part and kept the rims ($3).
Total for glasses= $3
3. For the hats, we also got them at thrift stores.
- Man’s Waldo hat- red winter beanie with white masking tape to make stripes
- Women’s Waldo hat- white hat and I attached a red pom pom
- Toddler Waldo hat- found at thrift store
- Baby Waldo hat- sewed out of thrifted shirt
Total for hats= $8
4. We didn’t have to spend any money on jeans, since we already owned them.
Total for pants = $0
So, if you add up all the Where’s Waldo costume pieces, it came to a grand total of $21!
Grand Total: $21!!
If you plan to dress up like this for Halloween, start browsing your local thrift store for red and white striped shirts! That way you’ll be able to pull these costumes off so cheaply!