- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn oil (veggie oil works)
- 1 lb pumpkin (can also use big 1 lb 13 oz can)
- 4 beaten eggs
In another bowl, sift dry ingredients:
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. powder
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- chocolate chips
- cream cheese glaze
- Mix the first 4 wet ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, with an additional 2/3 cup water.
- Place in 2 large greased bread loaf pans, 1 bundt pan + 1 bread pan, or 4 mini bread pans.
- Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes at 350.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
*For more even baking, turn oven to 300 and bake a little longer.
Original recipe from Emily Poll