*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Eat dirt with these yummy dirt cups dessert. So easy to make and so fun for a party, snack, or Halloween!
DIRT CUPS DESSERT
This dirt dessert recipe is one of the easiest treats that even kids can help make! Since there is no baking or cooking required, this fun dirt dessert is perfect for summer activities or used for a creepy Halloween dessert.
How can anyone, especially kids, not just LOVE the gummy worms coming out of dirt they can actually eat?
Dirt cups with pudding are a great dessert for so many occasions. Make them for:
- Halloween parties
- Construction birthday parties
- Earth Day
- After-school snack
- Summer activity
- Family Reunions
HOW TO MAKE DIRT CUPS
Like I said, making dirt dessert is really easy. First, you’ll gather the following ingredients and supplies:
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Crushed chocolate cookies like Oreos
- Frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip or whipped cream, optional
- Gummy worms
- Clear cups or 2 oz. condiment cups for mini versions
In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate pudding mix and milk and whisk according to the package directions. Let stand for about 5 minutes until the pudding is thick.
For a creamier and lighter option, stir in a cup or so of Cool Whip.
Layer the pudding on the bottom
Basically you’ll just make the chocolate pudding according to the package directions. You can stir in Cool Whip or a frozen whipped topping to make the chocolate pudding more light and creamy if you’d like.
Then layer the “mud” on the bottom of the cup or bowl, sprinkle crushed Oreos on top, and then top with gummy worms!
MINI DIRT CUPS DESSERT
Make mini dirt cups using these 2 oz. condiment cups. This is a great option to pack in your kid’s lunches or if you’re making a large quantity for a party.
RECIPE FOR DIRT CUPSPrint
Easy dirt cup desserts made with pudding, crushed oreos and topped with gummy worms.
- 1 large box chocolate instant pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- whipped cream *optional
- 2 cups crushed oreos
- gummy worms
- mini cups
- Mix pudding with milk and let it set up.
- Fold in whipped cream for creamier taste, if desired.
- Stir in 1/2 cup crushed oreos, or more to your liking.
- Scoop pudding into cups. Top with crushed oreos and a gummy worm.
Keywords: dirt cups