A wonderful fluffy pancake mix recipe that is so much better than Krusteaz pancake mix or any other store-bought brand. The mix stores well for a few months (without preservatives), making it great for quick breakfasts or to use on camping trips.
- BASIC PANCAKE MIX RECIPE
- Krusteaz Pancake Mix Directions
- Why this recipe is better than Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- USE THIS HOMEMADE KRUSTEAZ PANCAKE MIX RECIPE FOR:
- How to get perfect sized pancakes
- Storing Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- Doubling the recipe
- OTHER POPULAR PANCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
BASIC PANCAKE MIX RECIPE
Looking for a basic pancake mix that everyone will love? And a recipe that is free from preservatives and is light and fluffy?
Pancake mixes are so convenient, but some of them are just not that great tasting. Would you agree? So I was shocked when on a camping trip, I found out the most delicious, fluffy pancakes were made from a mix.
But….not just any kind of mix. This homemade basic pancake mix recipe with this amazing buttermilk syrup recipe on top. These pancakes were just as easy to make as using a Krusteaz or Bisquick mix, but had no weird after-taste and were still super fluffy and so good!
Krusteaz pancake mix ingredients are very similar to this recipe, but you’ll love the taste of these pancakes so much better. You’ll need:
- dry milk
- baking powder
Krusteaz Pancake Mix Directions
Homemade pancakes are not complicated to make. Pancakes only require a few basic dry ingredients plus milk, oil, and eggs. Combining all the dry ingredients into a basic pancake mix means you can enjoy a hot, homemade breakfast quickly whenever you want!
To make the mix, combine the dry ingredients together. Store in an air-tight container.
To make homemade pancakes, add water, oil, and eggs to the Krusteaz pancake mix. Cook on a hot griddle.
Why this recipe is better than Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- It takes only 5 minutes to make.
- The mix results in perfect, fluffy pancakes every time!
- The mix is so much cheaper than store-bought.
- The pancake mix will stay good for a few months in an air-tight container.
You get the convenience of a Krusteaz pancake mix recipe, but the taste of a made-from-scratch pancake. Yummy.
USE THIS HOMEMADE KRUSTEAZ PANCAKE MIX RECIPE FOR:
This light and fluffy homemade pancake mix is perfect for so many occasions:
- busy mornings
- camping trips (it’s always on our favorite camping meals list)
- large breakfast parties
- breakfast for dinner
- food storage
- holiday breakfasts using food dye
Serve these pancakes with homemade buttermilk syrup or your favorite syrup, berries, bananas, peanut butter, and your other favorite toppings.
How to get perfect sized pancakes
Use this inexpensive Cookie Scoop to get the perfect size pancake every time! I’ve had one for 10 years now and it’s still going strong! You can use it for pancakes, muffins, and cookies.
GET YOURS HERE: (MAKES GREAT GIFTS, TOO!)
Storing Krusteaz Pancake Mix
Use an old 5-quart ice cream container with a lid to store your pancake mix in for camping trips. Then you can toss it when you’re done! (A heavy zipper plastic bag works well, too, but be sure it doesn’t get punctured!)
Doubling the recipe
One batch of mix will yield 18, 3-inch pancakes.
Feel free to double or triple the mix and batter if you want larger quantities.
OTHER POPULAR PANCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
Here’s the Krusteaz copycat pancake mix recipe! Pin this page or print it off for easy access later!Print
Move on over Krusteaz or Bisquick…this homemade pancake is so delicious, fluffy, and great for camping trips or quick breakfasts.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup powdered dry milk
- 4 tsp. baking powder
To make pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- fruit or fruit juice, optional
FOR THE PANCAKE MIX:
- in a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready to make.
TO MAKE PANCAKES
- Mix 3 cups of pancake mix with 2 eggs, 2 cups water, and 3 Tbsp. canola oil. (I recommend starting with 1 ½ cups water and then add more if the batter is to thick.)
- For berry pancakes, gently fold them in after the batter is completely mixed and right before you bake.
- Heat skillet or griddle and spray with cooking oil. Pour batter on using a large cookie scoop for the same size pancakes. Flip each pancake as soon as you start to see bubbles. Then cook on the other side until golden.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or berries.
- You can substitute any amount of water for fruit juice.
- 3 cups of mix will yield 18 3-inch pancakes.
- You can easily double or triple this mix recipe for large quantities.
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: pancake, pancake mix, breakfast