*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Fluffy pancake mix that is perfect for camping trips or quick breakfasts at home. No preservatives and tastes so much better than store-bought.
CHEAP, EASY & YUMMY HOMEMADE PANCAKE MIX
One morning on a camping trip this summer, my aunt made some fluffy pancakes. I’ll be honest. I wasn’t too excited about them because I thought they were made from Krusteaz pancake mix or another store-bought mix. However, after one bite, I knew there was no way they could be Krusteaz pancakes. There was no weird after-taste, they were fluffy, and delicious. I devoured so many of them that morning and have made them numerous times since then.
The secret was her Homemade Pancake Mix!
These homemade pancakes are are light and fluffy. And while I usually prefer our cinnamon-oatmeal pancakes, these are a great alternative, especially for those who want a more traditional and plain pancake.
MAKE-AHEAD MIX RECIPE
What’s so great about this recipe is that you can make the mix ahead of time and just add a few other ingredients when you are ready to eat them.
So you get the convenience of a store-bought mix, but the taste of a made-from-scratch pancake. Yummy.
This light and fluffy homemade pancake mix is perfect for so many occasions:
- busy mornings
- camping trips (it’s always on our favorite camping meals list)
- large breakfast parties
- breakfast for dinner
- food storage
Serve these pancakes with homemade buttermilk syrup or your favorite syrup, berries, bananas, peanut butter, or whatever other pancake toppings you love.
1) To get the perfect size pancake and pancakes that are all uniform in size, use this inexpensive Cookie Scoop. I have owned one for 8 years now and I use it for pancakes, muffins, and cookies. It’s the best!
2) Use an old 5-quart ice cream container with lid to store your pancake mix in for camping trips. Then you can toss it when you’re done!
HERE’S THE RECIPEPrint
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup powdered dry milk
- 4 tsp. baking powder
To make pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- fruit or fruit juice, optional
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make the pancakes, add in the eggs, water, and oil. Start with 1 1/2 cups water and add the rest if the batter is too thick.
- If you are going to use fruit juice, replace it with some of the water. Fold in berries before you cook.
- Heat skillet or griddle and spray with cooking oil. Pour batter on. Turn as soon as the first side bubbles.