*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
A wonderful fluffy pancake mix recipe that is so much better than Krusteaz or any other store-bought brand. The mix stores well for a few months (without preservatives), making it great for quick breakfasts or to use on camping trips.
BASIC PANCAKE MIX RECIPE FOR FLUFFY HOMEMADE PANCAKES
Looking for a basic pancake mix that everyone will love? And a recipe that is free from preservatives and is light and fluffy?
Pancake mixes are so convenient, but some of them are just not that great tasting. Would you agree? So I was shocked when on a camping trip, I found out the most delicious, fluffy pancakes were made from a mix.
But….not just any kind of mix. This homemade basic pancake mix recipe with this amazing buttermilk syrup recipe on top. These pancakes were just as easy to make as using a Krusteaz or Bisquick mix, but had no weird after-taste and were still super fluffy and so good!
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKE MIX FOR HOMEMADE PANCAKES
Homemade pancakes are not complicated to make. Pancakes only require a few basic dry ingredients plus milk, oil, and eggs. Combining all the dry ingredients into a basic pancake mix means you can enjoy a hot, homemade breakfast quickly whenever you want!
Making the mix will only take a few minutes. All you need to do is combine flour, sugar, salt, dry milk, baking powder and salt together. Store in an air-tight container or zipper-closed bag (if you want a disposable option for camping) until you are ready to cook the pancakes.
This pancake mix results in hot, fluffy homemade pancakes every time! In fact, these are our go-to pancakes for quick breakfasts and camping trips.
Since you usually add milk to your pancakes, this recipe calls for instant dry milk. With this ingredient added in to the mix, you won’t need fresh milk when you make the pancakes– just water, oil, and eggs.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BETTER THAN KRUSTEAZ PANCAKE MIX RECIPE
- The mix results in perfect, fluffy pancakes every time!
- The mix is so much cheaper than store-bought.
- The pancake mix will stay good for a few months in an air-tight container.
PERFECT FOR QUICK BREAKFASTS
The beauty of a pancake mix is that you can have a hot breakfast cooked up in no time. This recipe takes about 5 minutes to throw together. Then you can just store it in an air-tight container and it will last for a few months.
So you get the convenience of a Krusteaz pancake mix recipe, but the taste of a made-from-scratch pancake. Yummy.
USE THIS PANCAKE MIX FOR:
This light and fluffy homemade pancake mix is perfect for so many occasions:
- busy mornings
- camping trips (it’s always on our favorite camping meals list)
- large breakfast parties
- breakfast for dinner
- food storage
- holiday breakfasts using food dye
Serve these pancakes with homemade buttermilk syrup or your favorite syrup, berries, bananas, peanut butter, or whatever other pancake toppings you love.
HOW TO GET PERFECT-SIZED PANCAKES
Use this inexpensive Cookie Scoop to get the perfect size pancake every time! I’ve had one for 10 years now and it’s still going strong! You can use it for pancakes, muffins, and cookies.
GET YOURS HERE: (MAKES GREAT GIFTS, TOO!)
HOW TO STORE PANCAKE MIX
Use an old 5-quart ice cream container with a lid to store your pancake mix in for camping trips. Then you can toss it when you’re done! (A heavy zipper plastic bag works well, too, but be sure it doesn’t get punctured!)
HOW MANY PANCAKES DOES ONE BATCH MAKE?
One batch of mix will yield 18, 3-inch pancakes.
Feel free to double or triple the mix and batter if you want larger quantities.
OTHER POPULAR PANCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
Move on over Krusteaz or Bisquick…this homemade pancake is so delicious, fluffy, and great for camping trips or quick breakfasts.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup powdered dry milk
- 4 tsp. baking powder
To make pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- fruit or fruit juice, optional
FOR THE PANCAKE MIX:
- in a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready to make.
TO MAKE PANCAKES
- Mix 3 cups of pancake mix with 2 eggs, 2 cups water, and 3 Tbsp. canola oil. (I recommend starting with 1 1/2 cups water and then add more if the batter is to thick.)
- For berry pancakes, gently fold them in after the batter is completely mixed and right before you bake.
- Heat skillet or griddle and spray with cooking oil. Pour batter on using a large cookie scoop for the same size pancakes. Flip each pancake as soon as you start to see bubbles. Then cook on the other side until golden.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or berries.
- You can substitute any amount of water for fruit juice.
- 3 cups of mix will yield 18 3-inch pancakes.
- You can easily double or triple this mix recipe for large quantities.
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: pancake, pancake mix, breakfast