*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Welcome back to Party Planning 101! Today we are going to talk about beverages. Because no matter what type of party or gathering you are having, you’ll want to make sure you have beverages.
There are a lot of options for beverages and serving them. Picking the perfect beverage will depend on what type of party you have, but here are a few things to remember:
1. Always serve water. No matter what other beverages you have, make sure you have plenty of water accessible to your guests. Because chances are, someone will not want the beverage you have and ask for water. Fill up a pitcher with ice water and you will be able to focus on other areas of hosting.
2. Make sure you chill your beverages before the party starts. No one likes a warm drink. Blah! Throw the beverages into the fridge the morning of your party and you’ll be set!
3. If you don’t have room to chill the beverages before the party, make sure you have plenty of ice available. Think about investing in an ice bucket such as this one. It’s an inexpensive party staple that will come in handy time and time again! Not to mention, your beverages will be much more refreshing with ice.
4. Have plenty of cups if you are serving drinks from drink dispensers. A good rule of thumb is to have 1.5-2 disposable cups per person. Some will use 3 and others will use 1. Having plenty will ensure that you won’t run out midway through the party.
5. Keep the beverages in a logical and convenient spot. They should be near the food or in a spot that has plenty of room since people tend to socialize around the food and beverages.
Now, are you drooling over that Italian Soda pictured above? I am! Serve Italian Sodas at your next party!Print
- 1/4 c half & half
- 1/4 c Torani flavored syrup
- Club Soda or Perrier water
- Whipped Cream in a can
- Pour half & half and Torani syrup into a tall glass and stir.
- Add some ice and fill the rest of the glass with Club Soda.
- Top it off with a swirl of whipped cream.
- Insert a striped straw (necessary for the full experience) and sip away!!
Original recipe from Marcelle Calder
And stay tuned for even more simple beverage ideas! Because the possibilities are endless…
*Image styled and photographed by Marcelle Calder Photography
Click below if you’ve missed any of the previous lessons in this A to Z series!