If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ll remember when I hosted The Chocolate Chip Cookie Contest a few years ago. We were in search of the perfect cookie and got quite a few delicious recipes that we have used over and over. But silly me, I forgot all about the Chocolate Chip Cookies that my mom would make for me as a child. These were her absolute favorite!
They are a heartier cookie, since the recipe calls for a lot of oatmeal. But hey, having another recipe for your stash isn’t such a bad thing. Especially those of you who have lunch boxes to fill and hungry after-school tummies to feed!
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (to a fine powder)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 24 oz. chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingredients and combine with sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, depending on oven.