*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Banana bread recipes are a dime a dozen and quite honestly, that’s okay. There are pros and cons to each one.
This recipe is my mom’s. And while it’s not the healthiest option out there, it sure is tasty! I can remember vividly coming home from school and finding some warm banana bread on the counter. Maybe that is why I love this recipe so much, become of the memories attached to it.
- 1 c. white sugar (or use half)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 large mashed bananas
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together. Then add in dry ingredients, followed by the bananas.
- Divide between 3 mini loaf pans or use 1 large pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.