Better than Rice Krispie treats, these Special K treats are quick to make and perfect for a party, movie treat, camping treat, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups butter or margarine (see notes)
- 50 large marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 18 oz. box of Special K cereal
- Combine brown sugar, sugar, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until it is all combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Add cereal.
- Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper for individual servings or place in large buttered bowl to snack from.
The original recipe calls for 2 cups of butter, but that is A LOT! I use only 1 cup and it turns out just fine. However, it is best eaten right after it’s made. If you use the full 2 cups, it will stay softer longer.
Keywords: Special K, Cookies, Treats, Rice Krispie Treats