*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Looking for a delicious and easy salad? This amazing green salad with apples, cinnamon almonds, and craisins with an easy poppyseed dressing will quickly become your go-to salad!
MEET THE BEST GREEN SALAD EVER!
Green salads get a bad rap. Until now.
We love this green salad. And people who aren’t big green salad fans love this, too!
The mix of the lettuce, granny smith apples, craisins, cinnamon roasted almonds, and poppy seed dressing is just amazing!
This green salad is easy to make, tastes delicious and is an easy go-to recipe for family dinners, holiday dinners, BBQs, or baby or bridal showers.
WHAT KIND OF LETTUCE SHOULD I USE?
The great thing about this salad is that it’s pretty forgiving, meaning that you can use almost any type of lettuce and it will be wonderful!
I personally use romaine, spinach, grean leaf, or a mix of them! Sometimes for a big crowd (like our White Christmas Ward Dinner Party, I just picked up the already made Spring Mix from Costco.)
The only type I wouldn’t use is iceberg lettuce.
DO I HAVE TO USE GRANNY SMITH APPLES?
Granny Smith apples add a great dimension to this green salad, but if you don’t have them on hand, feel free to use any type of red apple. The tartness won’t be there, but the apples will still add a nice crunch to the salad.
EASY CINNAMON ROASTED ALMONDS
Whatever you do, don’t forget the cinnamon almonds! These are the most delicious part!
Making the almonds will take you about 15-20 minutes, but I promise they are worth it! And don’t worry, you can make these well in advance and keep them in the fridge so you always have some when you need to throw this salad together.
OTHER AMAZING SALADS TO TRY:
HERE’S THE RECIPES FOR THE BEST GREEN SALAD EVER!Print
This salad full of apples, craisins, lettuce and a poppy seed dressing is a popular one for any occasion!
- Lettuce of your choice (a mix of Spinach, Romaine, and Green Leaf is my fave)
- Granny Smith Apples, chopped
- Candied Almonds (see recipe below)
- Poppyseed Dressing (see recipe below)
- Fill a salad bowl with the greens.
- Chop granny smith apples.
- Just before serving, toss the salad with poppy seed dressing and sprinkle craisins and cinnamon almonds on top.
Make a double batch of the dressing and nuts and keep them in the fridge so you can make this salad whenever you need a quick side dish!
To make it a meal, add bacon or chicken.
- Category: Salads
Keywords: salad, candied almonds, poppy seed dressing
A wonderful and light dressing for green salad with craisins, apples, and cinnamon roasted almonds.
- 1 cup sugar (see note)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Stir all ingredients together until everything is dissolved.
- Keep in the fridge up to 1 month.
You may decrease the sugar. I usually use 1/2 cup sugar and it’s plenty sweet!
- Category: Misc.
Keywords: poppy seed dressing, salad dressing
Easy and sweet roasted almonds that add just the perfect finishing touch to the best salad ever.
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Right before it is all melted, throw in the almonds.
- Stir around and then dump in the brown sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Keep stirring until the brown sugar and butter crystallize around the nuts. You will probably want to add more brown sugar and cinnamon as you go.
- Keep stirring until everything is cooked, but don’t over do.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- When you are ready to use, break up the nut clumps and sprinkle on salad. Stays well in the fridge for weeks.
- Category: Misc.
Keywords: cinnamon almonds, roasted almonds, candied nuts