*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Some call it Monkey Bread, but at our house, this Overnight Birthday Breakfast Bundt is our children’s favorite birthday breakfast!
THE EASIEST BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST EVER
Looking for a fun and easy birthday tradition?
You’re in the right place! I’m all about sharing simple birthday traditions like The Most Adorable Birthday Interview Printable or The Birthday Shoe Tradition or one of the 7 Simple Ways to Make Birthdays Special .
But today, let’s talk Birthday Breakfast!
Creating a special birthday breakfast is a great way to kick off any birthday!
In fact, one of my favorite birthday traditions as a child was getting to choose what I wanted for breakfast. This was a big deal for me because I wasn’t the best breakfast eater out there. In fact, I hated most breakfast foods! (Just ask my friends who would tell you that I would order a hamburger and fries on our 5 am Denny’s breakfast runs. No joke.)
So that’s how this Sticky Bun Birthday Breakfast Bundt saved the day! (Ok, maybe a little dramatic, but for a non-breakfast eater, I could at least look forward to my birthday!)
MONKEY BREAD AKA BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST!
So that’s where this ooey, gooey, caramelly deliciousness of Sticky Buns (as we called them) was just what I would crave each year for my birthday breakfast. I wasn’t the only one who requested them either. Nearly each one of my 6 siblings would ask for this special breakfast.
ONLY TAKES 10 MINUTES TO PREPARE!
And because this Birthday Breakfast Bundt only took about 10 minutes to prepare the night before the birthday, I’m sure my mom loved when we requested this as our birthday breakfast.
I know I love when my children do. I absolutely love being able to make these the night before and have them ready to pop in the oven for a special breakfast for my own children.
Tip: Keep the dry ingredients on hand so you don’t have to make a last-minute trip to the grocery store.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- bundt cake pan I use and LOVE this one
- wheat or white frozen roll dough (like Rhode’s or Terrell’s brand)
- 1, 3 oz. box cook & serve butterscotch pudding mix
- brown sugar
HOW TO MAKE MONKEY BREAD
- Melt butter in a microwaveable measuring cup
- Mix in butterscotch pudding, brown sugar, and cinnamon and stir well.
- Place frozen rolls into a greased bundt pan. Then spread the butterscotch mixture on top of the rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise overnight.
- In the morning, you’ll pop the pan into the oven and soon you’ll have an amazing birthday breakfast bundt!
Tip: Add some candles and you’ve got ‘cake’ for breakfast.
So here is the recipe for this easy and delicious and FESTIVE breakfast birthday bundt. Enjoy!Print
- 16–18 frozen rolls (Rhodes or Terrell’s brand work best)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small box (3.5 oz) butterscotch cook & serve pudding
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped, optional
- Spray a bundt pan and place frozen rolls inside. Set aside.
- Melt margarine or butter completely and then stir in pudding mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon, until it is mixed well.
- Place this mixture over the frozen rolls. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap that has been sprayed so it doesn’t stick to the rolls.
- Let rise overnight.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on oven) at 350°.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Then turn the pan upside down onto a birthday plate or serving dish. Eat warm!
Keywords: monkey bread, sticky buns, birthday
Other Birthday Traditions You’ll Like: