*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
The easiest birthday breakfast idea you can make in just 10 minutes! Some call this monkey bread, we call it the Breakfast Birthday Cake!
EASY BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST IDEAS
Birthday breakfasts just got easy with this amazing birthday breakfast. It looks like a cake, but don’t be fooled. It will only take you 10 minutes to prepare!
This easy birthday breakfast idea is what I would always choose for my birthday. And now my kids ask for it, too.
I am happy to make this easy breakfast recipe because it only takes 5 minutes!
WHY IS IT CALLED MONKEY BREAD?
This tasty treat is called monkey bread because when it is eaten, you pull it apart just like a monkey would pick apart their food.
DOES MONKEY BREAD HAVE TO BE MADE IN A BUNDT PAN?
Making monkey bread in a bundt pan will give it a fancier look and make it easier to pull apart. However, if you don’t have a bundt pan or fluted pan, you can definitely use a regular baking dish.
FUN BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST TRADITION
Looking for a fun and easy birthday tradition? Along with our adorable Birthday Interview Printable or The Birthday Shoe Tradition, this Monkey Bread recipe is always requested for birthday breakfasts.
As the mom, I am not one to complain.
I love that this recipe for monkey bread only takes 5 minutes to prepare the night before. The next morning, there is a festive breakfast without hours spent in the kitchen. (#notamorningperson)
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST CAKE
- Melt butter in a microwaveable measuring cup
- Mix in butterscotch pudding, brown sugar, and cinnamon and stir well.
- Place frozen rolls into a greased bundt pan. Then spread the butterscotch mixture on top of the rolls.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise overnight.
- In the morning, you’ll pop the pan into the oven and soon you’ll have an amazing birthday breakfast cake!
Tip: Add some candles and you’ve got ‘cake’ for breakfast.
MONKEY BREAD INGREDIENTS
- bundt cake pan
- wheat or white frozen roll dough (like Rhode’s or Terrell’s brand)
- 1, 3 oz. box cook & serve butterscotch pudding mix
- brown sugar
SHOP THE SUPPLIES
MAKES A CREATIVE WEDDING OR HOUSEWARMING GIFT!
Pair this easy recipe with this fluted cake pan for an inexpensive but creative wedding gift!
Alrighty, you are all ready to make a yummy and super easy birthday breakfast cake!
This recipe for monkey bread is going to be your new favorite!
OTHER BIRTHDAY IDEAS YOU’LL LOVE:
There’s no need to wonder to what make for a birthday breakfast anymore. Enjoy these Monkey Bread Sticky Buns!Print
Only taking 5 minutes to prepare, this delicious monkey bread recipe is perfect for a birthday breakfast cake or for a sweet snack anytime during the day!
- 16–18 frozen rolls (Rhodes or Terrell’s brand work best)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small box (3.5 oz) butterscotch cook & serve pudding
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped, optional
- Spray a bundt pan and place frozen rolls inside. Set aside.
- Melt margarine or butter completely and then stir in pudding mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon, until it is mixed well.
- Place this mixture over the frozen rolls. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap that has been sprayed so it doesn’t stick to the rolls.
- Let rise overnight.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on oven) at 350°.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Then turn the pan upside down onto a birthday plate or serving dish. Eat warm!
Keywords: monkey bread, sticky buns, birthday