Fried ice cream that actually isn’t fried! You get the same great taste of this Mexican-inspired treat without the extra calories.
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more if you want it stronger)
- vanilla frozen yogurt (or ice cream)
- popsicle sticks
- hot fudge
- Form frozen yogurt into balls. Place on wax paper so they can easily be removed from freezer container. Freeze for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better.
- After the frozen yogurt is firmly frozen, mix crushed corn flakes and cinnamon together in a bowl. Roll each frozen yogurt ball into the crumb mixture firmly so that the topping stays on. Return to freezer until you are ready to serve.
- Right before eating, remove from freezer. Make a slit in the top of each ball with a small, sharp knife. This will make your popsicle stick slide right in. Drizzle with hot fudge and eat them until they are gone! Because trust me, you won’t be able to stop yourself.
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: fried ice cream, mexican fried ice cream, cinco de mayo recipes, mexican dessert