This un-fried Mexican “Fried” Ice Cream tastes just as good as the fried stuff, without the extra calories! This easy Mexican dessert recipe is perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Mexican Christmas, or any other fiesta.
FRIED ICE CREAM- EASY MEXICAN DESSERTS
Looking for delicious and healthy Mexican desserts? This “fried” ice cream will quickly become a favorite recipe!
And when I say “fried”, I mean not fried at all. Yes, you heard that right! You get the amazing taste and texture of fried ice cream, without all the extra calories!
So whether you’re looking for Mexican Christmas food desserts or just a Mexican dessert, don’t look any further.
Other Easy Mexican Dessert Recipes: Homemade Churros in 30 Minutes
MEXICAN DESSERTS FRIED ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
The great thing about this healthy Mexican dessert is that you only need a few simple ingredients.
- vanilla frozen yogurt (or ice cream if you want)
- corn flakes, crushed
- ground cinnamon
- popsicle sticks
- wax paper
- large cookie sheet
- hot fudge (optional)
STEP 1- FORM ICE CREAM BALLS
Scoop the frozen yogurt or ice cream into round balls. To do this, you’ll want to let it soften just a bit, but don’t let it melt too much or you’ll be working with a puddle!
Once you have formed into a ball, place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
STEP 2- PREPARE THE CRUMB COATING
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, crush the corn flakes into small pieces. Stir in cinnamon.
STEP 3- PUT CRUMB TOPPING ON ICE CREAM BALLS
Once the ice cream balls are firm, remove them from the freezer and roll into the corn flake and cinnamon mixture. I suggest only removing a few at a time so that the others don’t melt while you are dipping.
Once all the “fried” ice cream balls are covered in the corn flake mixture, stick a popsicle stick in the middle and return to the freezer. If you don’t have room in your freezer the sticks, you can add them right before serving.
STEP 4- FREEZE
Once the fried ice cream balls are prepared, return them to the freezer until you are ready to serve.
You can even prepare these up to a few days in advance! If you make these that early, be sure to freeze them without the sticks in a freezer-safe air-tight container. This will keep them from getting freezer burned.
HOW TO SERVE FRIED ICE CREAM
Once you’re ready to eat this Mexican dessert, pull them out of the freezer.
Eat them off of sticks like a popsicle or place a few ice cream balls in a bowl and drizzle with hot fudge.
HOT FUDGE TOPPING
I know I said these are healthy, and they are much healthier than the fried version. But, if you want to add some extra deliciousness, drizzle this homemade hot fudge topping on this Mexican dessert before eating.
Everyone will love these Mexican desserts!
OTHER EASY MEXICAN RECIPES:
We love making this “fried” ice cream for Cinco de Mayo. Be sure to check out these yummy Mexican recipes!
Enjoy this easy Mexican dessert recipes!
Fried ice cream that actually isn’t fried! You get the same great taste of this Mexican-inspired treat without the extra calories.
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more if you want it stronger)
- vanilla frozen yogurt (or ice cream)
- popsicle sticks
- hot fudge
- Form frozen yogurt into balls. Place on wax paper so they can easily be removed from freezer container. Freeze for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better.
- After the frozen yogurt is firmly frozen, mix crushed corn flakes and cinnamon together in a bowl. Roll each frozen yogurt ball into the crumb mixture firmly so that the topping stays on. Return to freezer until you are ready to serve.
- Right before eating, remove from freezer. Make a slit in the top of each ball with a small, sharp knife. This will make your popsicle stick slide right in. Drizzle with hot fudge and eat them until they are gone! Because trust me, you won’t be able to stop yourself.
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: fried ice cream, mexican fried ice cream, cinco de mayo recipes, mexican dessert
How do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Grab your Amigos and celebrate!