*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
A hearty, healthy, and delicious blueberry muffin recipe!
We love blueberry muffins, but it seems like most blueberry muffins are more like cake than muffins. Not that that is always a bad thing.
But with Easter egg hunts, tons of candy and treats everywhere, having a healthier Easter brunch breakfast option is sometimes what we need.
We’ve been on the search for a good, healthy, hearty blueberry muffin recipe and came across this one from SkinnyTaste. After making it time and time again, it has become a favorite of ours.
These made an appearance at our Easter brunch, in festive Easter themed cupcake papers and all.
Here’s the recipe!Print
- 1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp agave or honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries or mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 400. Soak oatmeal in milk for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, honey (agave), applesauce, egg whites, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
- Combine soaked oats with applesauce mixture. Then slowly stir in flour mixture. Fold in blueberries (or other berries.)
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.