Celebrate the mom-to-be with a gorgeous tea party baby shower. Darling inspiration for food, decor, favors, and more.
TEA PARTY BABY SHOWER
Hosting a tea party is great way to celebrate friendship and good food. Even if you aren't planning a baby shower, these beautiful tea party ideas will inspire you to create a party to remember!
One of our favorite readers, Emily from NYC sent us these gorgeous photos from a tea party baby shower.
In Emily's words:
"With our good friend Tiffany expecting twin boys, we knew we wanted to plan a fun baby shower. Tiffany loves tea, so a "tea party baby shower" became the theme for the afternoon event to celebrate the upcoming arrival of the boys. Usually a tea party means pink and over the top frills, but as Tiffany was expecting boys, we tried to bring in hues of blues, taupe, and gold and keep everything classy and sophisticated for the occasion.
From the fabric streamer backdrop to the exquisite dining table decor, the scrumptious menu to the darling favors, everything was just perfect and was DIY by one of our friends. And it helped that one friend had a beautiful tea set service for 20+ (unheard of in the city!)
TEA PARTY BABY SHOWER MENU
We chose a variety of tea party food. This is what we served:
- chicken salad croissants
- curry chicken salad mini pitas
- pumpkin, chocolate chunk, and blueberry scones with devonshire cream
- juicy fresh fruit & crisp veggies
- a fancy cheese platter
- chocolate dipped strawberries
- strawberry & blueberry mini cupcakes
- darlingest little petit four cakes (here's a tutorial for petit fours)
- a vast assortment of herbal and fruit teas!
Here's more tea party food ideas.
How to serve food at tea party
Use a 3-tiered serving tray to create a beautiful spread of fresh fruit.
You can also use fancy trays and serving bowls to serve fruit, cakes, pastries, cookies, etc.
BABY SHOWER TEA PARTY DECORATION IDEAS
Hosting a tea party baby shower can be elegant and tie in the baby theme in a classy way. Here's a few decoration ideas for your next tea party:
- a fabric streamer backdrop (drape fabric streamers from a piece of wire or rope)
- simple white onesies and baby blue socks hung with clothespins on twine
- a long strip of brown craft paper as a table runner
- small baby food jar floral arrangements
- a gorgeous bouquet of fresh white tulips for the centerpiece
- few small candles, lit in square glass dishes
Create a beautiful and simple table backdrop as a focal point by using large streamers of fabric like this:
Simple white onesies and baby socks attached to twine with clothespins also add to the ambiance.
TEA PARTY FAVORS
For tea party favors, package individual bags of herbal tea with a few tea biscuits and sugar cubes.
Display them in a basket next to a "Keep Calm & Drink Tea" sign.
All in all, everything was so charming and the soon to be mother-of-twins enjoyed some much deserved, relaxing girl time before her life becomes a bit more hectic!