A simple 12 Days of Christmas that’s so easy to put together! Cute poems for each day correlate with an inexpensive gift–many of which can be found at the grocery store. Many of the gifts can be found at the grocery store!
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Spread Holiday Cheer with the 12 Days of Christmas
My mom loved doing the 12 days of Christmas for someone who needed some extra holiday cheer. She always involved us in the process by having us help with the shopping, wrapping, or delivering.
One of my favorite childhood Christmas memories is getting all bundled up, piling in our station wagon, and doorbell ditching the gifts each night. She always used the same Sweet and Simple 12 days of Christmas gifts. I’m not sure where she got this idea, but she loved it because it called for simple and inexpensive gifts that could be picked up during your normal shopping.
Ever since she passed away when I was 15, I’ve loved carrying on this 12 Days of Christmas tradition.
12 Days of Christmas Ideas
I love creating 12 Days of Christmas with different themes to gift to others! Even though this Sweet & Simple version is our go-to (because it’s so easy!), we also have given:
- 12 Days of Christ -a Christ-centered version with a name of Christ and correlating gift idea (good for anyone)
- 12 Days for Guys(great for your husband or boyfriend)
- 12 Days of Christmas Symbols (fun for children or families)
- 12 Dates of Christmas (good for husband or boyfriend)
But for so many reason, this Sweet & Simple version is still my favorite!
What makes this version so great?
- There are sweet poems that correlate with the gift ideas
- Most gift items can be found at the dollar store or grocery store, making it inexpensive!
- Putting the 12 Days together is so easy. All you need are the tags and gifts.
What do the tags look like?
These 12 Days of Christmas tags are ready to be printed. You can grab the printable tags here.
And just in case you want to switch up some of the days (for example if you don’t have snow), you’ll get an editable document as well as the original! There are 2 different color options, so you can choose your favorite color scheme.
The 12 Simple Gifts:
The awesome part about this 12 Days version is the gifts are inexpensive and can be picked up at the grocery store or dollar store!
Here are the 12 items I use for each day. However, feel free to switch up a few depending on what you can find. You’ll notice some of the poems for each day have a few different gift options.
- Christmas scented candle
- Christmas story (here are some of our favorite Christmas stories)
- Candy canes
- chips and dip
- hot cocoa or socks (homemade hot cocoa mix recipe here!)
- Rice Krispy treats (or the ingredients for them)
- popcorn and/or nativity(this is a cute wooden ornament one!)
If you have time, wrap the gifts! Simple brown paper and ribbon plus the tags will make the gifts more festive.
How to put the 12 Days of Christmas gift together:
- Print and cut out the tags.
- Put the shopping list in your purse and start picking up the gifts as you find them.
- Wrap them up or keep them as is.
- Attach the tag to each corresponding gift.
- Doorbell ditch all of them at once (with instructions to open one per day) or deliver each night. Don’t get caught!
+ “It looks like some of the tags contain weather-specific gifts such as day 9. What if we don’t have snow?”
If you live in a warm climate for December (I won’t be too jealous :), you can find an instant digital download here. This editable option all comes in handy if you want to change a few of the tags to fit gifts you may have already picked up.
+ I like this Sweet & Simple 12 Days of Christmas version, but it’s not quite what I’m looking for. Do you have any other versions?
Yes, I do! Check out other popular 12 Days of Christmas versions including:
A Christ-Centered 12 Days of Christmas featuring a name of Christ, scripture verse reference, and gift idea to go with that name.
You can find all of these version in our shop here.
I hope you love spreading Christmas joy this holiday season. It’s one of our favorite Christmas traditions!