Cute and easy Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses alternative! Get tips and tricks to make decorating gingerbread houses a fun family Christmas tradition.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER GINGERBREAD HOUSES
Is it tradition in your family to decorate gingerbread houses like it is in ours?
Or maybe you are looking for a fun advent calendar activity to do with your family.
These mini "gingerbread houses" are so fun to make!
I'm sure you've seen the typical graham cracker houses, but my husband and I wanted to do something a little different, so we used chocolate graham crackers and they turned out so cute!
GRAHAM CRACKER HOUSE SUPPLIES:
- chocolate graham crackers, cut in the shapes below
- Christmas candy
- gingerbread house frosting (below)
- plate or cardboard for the base
- assorted crackers or cereal
- mini marshmallows
HOW TO MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER HOUSES
- Pre-cut the chocolate graham crackers using a paring knife. Slowly saw back and forth to cut the side pieces of the house.
- Prepare a plate or piece of cardboard in tin foil or wrapping paper as a base for your gingerbread house.
- For kids (or adults who like decorating more than building), assemble the house with hot glue. That way kids can get straight to decorating.
- Chex cereal makes the cutest thatched roof!
- Mini marshallows and toothpicks make a cute mini snowman!
Here's our graham cracker houses.... the possibilities are endless!