*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Let kids make a simple Candy Christmas Countdown Chain with this simple, 5-minute tutorial!
EASY CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN CHAINS
looking for a fun and simple Christmas Advent kids can make? These candy countdown chains were our very favorite come each December!
These Christmas chains are:
- quick to make
- simple for little kids to make
So YES! They double as an advent calendar and activity! Double score.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED:
- plastic wrap
- 25 pieces of candy or small trinkets
- ribbon, bakers twine, raffia, or string
5 SIMPLE STEPS TO MAKE A CANDY COUNTDOWN:
1. Choose your favorite candy. We prefer Lindt chocolate balls around here! (Don’t worry, we make a family chain so all the goodness isn’t going to any one person.) Cut a very long piece of plastic wrap-about 75 inches long or longer. (Enough for about 3 inches per candy)
2. Lay your candy equally apart on the plastic wrap.
3. Fold the bottom edge of the plastic over top your row of candies.
Each day, it’s one piece of candy closer to Christmas!