Kids will love this easy DIY Candy Advent calendar to countdown to Christmas. It's a great way to use up extra Halloween candy!
EASY CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN CHAINS
Who does not love a great Christmas advent calendar? Doing a fun advent activity each day is a great way to count down to Christmas, but if you want a simple DIY advent calendar that kids can make, try out these candy advent calendars!
Whether you want to use that leftover Halloween candy or you want to create a sweet advent calendar your whole family can enjoy, this easy advent countdown is a winner!
We always made these as a child and now my own children love making these, too!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE CHRISTMAS CHAINS
- candy advent calendars are quick to make. You'll have your Christmas countdown made in under 10 minutes!
- simple for kids to make. Little ones love helping make these!
- inexpensive. Use candy you have around the house.
- plastic wrap (about 75" per candy chain)
- 25 pieces of candy or small trinkets (per chain)
- ribbon, bakers twine, raffia, or string
1. Choose your favorite candy. We prefer Lindt chocolate balls around here! (Don't worry, we make a family chain so all the goodness isn't going to any one person.) Cut a very long piece of plastic wrap-about 75 inches long or longer. (Enough for about 3 inches per candy)
2. Lay your candy equally apart on the plastic wrap.
3. Fold the bottom edge of the plastic over top your row of candies.
Each day, it's one piece of candy closer to Christmas!