Taste the rainbow with this 13-layer rainbow jello! It’s easy to make and great for holiday dinners, St. Patrick’s Day, or parties!
- 3 oz box of jello in the following flavors: lemon, lime, orange, cherry or raspberry, blueberry, and grape.
- 1 cup boiling water for each flavor
- 2 cups sour cream or greek yogurt
- 12 Tbsp cold water
- whipped cream or cool whip topping
- Spray 9×13 pan and set aside.
- The key is to make one layer at a time.
- Start with red. Boil 1 cup water and add it to the cherry jello powder. Stir will. Then, divide that in half into 2 bowls.
- To one half, add 2 Tbsp. cold water.
- To the other half, add 1/3 cup sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the cherry gelatin with cold water into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Then pour the red jello with sour cream onto the first red layer.
- *Then, you will just repeat for all the layers. You can do them in any order, but I prefer red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet.
To recap: 1st layer: red jello with water; refrigerate 20 minutes; 2nd layer: red jello with sour cream; refrigerate 20 minutes; 3rd layer: orange jello with water; refrigerate 20 minutes; 4th layer: orange jello with sour cream; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Repeat for all layers. Right before serving, top with cool whip or whipped cream.
- *Make sure the jello you are adding is cool so that it won’t melt the previous layer. To speed up the process, you can make two flavors at a time and let the other one cool while the first one is setting up.
- Category: Side dishes
Keywords: jello, rainbow jello