Cute Halloween Rice Krispie Treats that only take 15 minutes or less! Perfect for a Halloween party, lunchbox treat or after school snack.
EASY RICE KRISPIE HALLOWEEN TREATS
If you need a quick, but festive treat to take to a get-together, make these Halloween Rice Krispy treats!
Rice krispy treats are always a winner, but sometimes they can look a little boring. So why not make them extra festive by adding just some food coloring and sprinkles for rice krispy treats, Halloween style!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPY TREATS
- rice krispies cereal, any brand works
- orange food coloring
- chocolate chips (preferably mini)
- green sanding sugar sprinkles
- ghost and pumpkin cookie cutters
- wax paper
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN RICE CRISPY TREATS:
In a large pan, melt the butter and marshmallows according to the recipe (below).
Separate half of the rice krispy cereal into 2 bowls.
Once the marshmallow mixture is melted, pour half into one bowl of cereal.
Before adding the other half, drop orange food coloring until you have the desired boldness.
Continue making as normal, but once the marshmallow mixture is combined with the cereal, form into the Halloween shapes.
Here’s 2 Halloween rice krispie treat ideas. To make a ghost rice krispie treats, add chocolate chips to the ghost-shaped treats.
Shake green sprinkles onto the orange pumpkins. Make sure to do this before they cool completely.
Place on a sheet of wax paper and let cool completely.
Store in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
Enjoy these simple, cheap, and festive Halloween treats!
And be sure to check out these other easy Halloween recipes:
HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPEPrint
Turn ordinary rice krispy treats into festive pumpkin and ghost Halloween treats.
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- orange food coloring (or red and yellow)
- chocolate chips
- green sanding sugar
- Melt butter and add in marshmallows on medium heat.
- Once the marshmallows are 90% melted, add in the food coloring.
- For a bold color, use about 20 drops.
- Once you have reached the color you want, stir in the rice krispy cereal.
- Make sure you seperate the marshmallow mixture before you add food coloring if you are going to do two different colors.
- Mold into desired shapes before its sets up.
- Cool on wax paper and then store in air-tight container.
To mold, I found it easiest to form them directly into the cookie cutter, as opposed to putting them in a pan and then cutting the desired shape. For the pumpkins, as soon as I molded them, I put them on wax paper and then sprinkled green sprinkles on the stem before they cooled.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: rice krispies treats, halloween