*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Just a little extra effort turns regular Rice Krispy Treats into festive Halloween Rice Krispy Treats in no time! Perfect for a Halloween party, lunchbox treat or after school snack.
If you need a quick, but festive treat to take to a get-together, make these Halloween Rice Krispy treats!
Rice krispy treats are always a winner, but sometimes they can look a little boring. So why not make them extra festive by adding just some food coloring and sprinkles for rice krispy treats, Halloween style!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPY TREATS
- rice krispies cereal, any brand works
- orange food coloring
- chocolate chips
- green sanding sugar sprinkles
- ghost and pumpkin cookie cutters
- wax paper
HOW TO MAKE:
In a large pan, melt the butter and marshmallows according to the recipe (below).
Separate half of the rice krispy cereal into 2 bowls.
Once the marshmallow mixture is melted, pour half into one bowl of cereal.
Before adding the other half, drop orange food coloring until you have the desired boldness.
Continue making as normal, but once the marshmallow mixture is combined with the cereal, form into the Halloween shapes.
Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place chocolate chips in ghosts and sprinkle green on pumpkins before the treats cool completely.
Store in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
And here are the ghosts. I think mini chocolate chips would look even better, but when you don’t have time to run to the store, just use what you have!
Enjoy these simple, cheap, and festive Halloween treats!
And be sure to check out these other easy Halloween recipes:
HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPY TREAT RECIPEPrint
Turn ordinary rice krispy treats into festive pumpkin and ghost Halloween treats.
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- orange food coloring (or red and yellow)
- chocolate chips
- green sanding sugar
- Melt butter and add in marshmallows on medium heat.
- Once the marshmallows are 90% melted, add in the food coloring.
- For a bold color, use about 20 drops.
- Once you have reached the color you want, stir in the rice krispy cereal.
- Make sure you seperate the marshmallow mixture before you add food coloring if you are going to do two different colors.
- Mold into desired shapes before its sets up.
- Cool on wax paper and then store in air-tight container.
To mold, I found it easiest to form them directly into the cookie cutter, as opposed to putting them in a pan and then cutting the desired shape. For the pumpkins, as soon as I molded them, I put them on wax paper and then sprinkled green sprinkles on the stem before they cooled.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: rice krispies treats, halloween