*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Make this quick and easy Halloween Witch Craft for under $5 and in less than an hour!
An easy Halloween Craft!
My mom (the reason I started this website, read the story here) made a witch like this when I was a little girl. It was easily one of my favorite Halloween decorations that she would pull out year after year. I have always liked it and finally got around to making one for me.
This is a very inexpensive and super easy craft–especially since most of the items you probably have sitting around your house anyway.
How long does it take to make?
Give yourself an hour and you’ve got a new Halloween decoration! Boo-ya.It’s so cute to place on your front door or to sit next to pumpkins on your porch, especially if you make this $2 DIY porch rug.
What you’ll need to make this $5 Halloween Witch Craft
- a piece of dog-eared fence. (The older, the better. If you don’t have a scrap of it, you can buy one piece of fence for $2 that will make 3.) Or you can create your own by sawing off edges.
- 2 tree branches about 12 inches long
- scraps of Halloween fabric or ribbon
- green and black craft paint
- plastic spiders
How to Make this DIY Witch:
1. Paint the top 5″ of the wood black (the dog-eared part–this will be the hat)
2. Paint the tree branches black and set aside.
3. Paint the witches face green and let dry.
4.Once the face is dry, paint two black dots for the eyes
5. Tie about 20 strands of raffia together in the middle. Then hot glue it at the top of the face in the middle.
6. Hot glue the one of the branches for the hat brim right above the hair.
7. Hot glue the ribbon above the hat brim.
8. Put a little raffia at the end of the other branch for the broom. Attach some ribbon.
9. Hot glue the broom. Add a spider for even more festiveness!
10. Display on a mantle, front door, or porch.
Other Cheap Halloween Craft Ideas
Pin this for later!