- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (can be instant)
- 2 TB active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- raisins (if desired)
- softened butter or margarine
cinnamon sugar mixture:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cube butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- add more milk or p. sugar to make thicker/thinner
- Pour warm milk over butter or margarine and mashed potatoes.
- Dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup warm water. Add to milk mixture with eggs, sugar, salt, and 4 cups flour.
- Bbeat with mixer until smooth and well blended. With part of remaining flour, dredge nuts and raisins and then add to dough. Cover and rise until double.
- Divide dough in half and roll into rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up and cut into 1 inch slices. Place on greased cookie sheet and rise until double.
- Bake at 350 for 16-20 min, until golden brown. Frost with icing while hot.
Original recipe from Mandy Morgan