Best Cinnamon Rolls
Our friend Mandy is an amazing cook. My kid's know her as the mastermind behind our favorite pasta because we make that pasta weekly.
But in our old neighborhood she was known for her cinnamon rolls. She would make them for baby and bridal showers and neighborhood parties.
Not only do these cinnamon rolls look absolutely divine, they taste just as good.
What makes them so good
- They are the perfect stand-alone cinnamon roll. That means you can dish one or two up on a plate and they look like they came straight from a bakery. Usually the cinnamon rolls I make in a 9x13 pan taste great, but they aren't as pretty to take to someone or dish up alone.
- Mashed potatoes (the secret ingredient) makes the dough so darn soft and fluffy. No, they don't taste like potatoes. No one will know there are mashed potatoes unless you tell them.
- yeast dissolved in water
- butter or margarine
- mashed potatoes (see note)
- milk, warmed
- all-purpose flour
- raisins and nuts, optional
- cinnamon sugar mixture (see recipe)
- frosting (see recipe)
What kind of mashed potatoes to use
The secret to these amazing cinnamon roll recipe is the mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes make cinnamon roll dough extra soft. (It's the same reason why we use mashed potatoes in our famous spudnut recipe.)
Any mashed potatoes will work. I personally do not like instant potatoes and only real use potatoes. However, instant mashed potatoes will work just fine.
After you make this delicious recipe, will you please come back and leave a review? Your reviews mean the world to me and help others find it, too. ♡♡♡Print
Original recipe from our friend Mandy Morgan.