*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
An amazing chocolate and caramel layered cookie bar that’s easy and quick to make.
MEET THE BEST OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CARAMEL COOKIE BAR EVER.
Try saying that 10 times fast. It’s a mouthful, so let’s just call them Carmelitas.
That’s what my mom would call them anyways. And she is the reason I started this blog. Read The So Festive Story for all the details!) She loved making desserts and baking.
We nearly ate the entire pan because they are so good. And so easy. However, if you need a fancy dessert for a party, these are a winner.
Now, go make some Carmelitas now!
Other Easy Dessert/Bar Recipes You’ll Love:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 jar Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch caramel (or just caramel sauce)
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add in melted butter and stir until it becomes a dough.
- Press half the dough into a 9×13 greased pan.
- Bake at 325 for 17 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and pour chocolate chips on the crust.
- Then pour caramel sauce on top of the chocolate chips. (You can melt the caramel in the microwave to make it more runny. Just don’t burn it!)
- Then put the remaining 1/2 batter on top of the caramel. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 17 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool for 2-3 hours (or put it in the fridge to speed it up if you want to eat them quicker.)