Easy and yummy Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini- pasta and chicken in a cream sauce with an amazing flavor! So simple and quick to make- just 15 minutes to prepare this quick dinner idea or freezer meal!
What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
Easy chicken tetrazzini is comfort food at it's finest. And so simple!
This creamy pasta with chicken is a perfect quick dinner idea, easy meal for a new mom. Easy Chicken Tetrazzini is comfort food that's easy to make and is delicious.
The flavors are irresistible. Layer pasta, creamy sauce and chicken and shredded cheese into a baking dish. Pop in the oven and viola! Dinner is made in just 15 minutes!
While I'm not usually a big fan of recipes calling for condensed cream soups, this tetrazzini recipe in an exception.
- poultry seasoning
- celery salt
- Cream of Chicken soup
- cooked spaghetti noodles
- chicken, cooked and cubed
- Evaporated milk
- dried onion or fresh chopped onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Spaghetti noodles work the best, but if you don't have them, you can use any other kind.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the cream soup and milk together in a medium bowl. Stir in spices, onions, and cooked chicken.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying the sides with cooking spray. Put noodles in first. Then pour melted butter on top of the noodles. Finally pour the sauce and chicken on top of the butter. Do not stir.
- Cover with cheddar and parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degree F for 30 minutes or place in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. See freezer instructions below.
Easy chicken tetrazzini is a great freezer meal! Prepare the pasta casserole as directed. To freeze, make sure you use a freezer and oven safe container. Cover well and freeze for up to 1 month.
To bake from frozen, add an additional 10 minutes to cook time. Check and continue cooking until the middle is heated through completely.
Giving this meal to new moms or families
If you plan to give away this Chicken Tetrazzini dish to a new mom, someone who just had surgery, or anyone else who needs a comfort meal, I suggest using a disposable 9x13 baking dish.
You don't want the person you are giving the meal have to worry about returning a dish! Find inexpensive 9x13 aluminum pans at the dollar store or on Amazon here.
Prepare the meal according to the recipe below. You can either take it from the oven, or drop it off and have the recipient bake it when they are ready.
Chicken Tetrazzini side dishes
This comfort meal casserole dish pairs perfectly with bread, salad, fruit and a simple dessert. Here's our favorites that can be frozen as well!
Other easy freezer meal ideas
Try this cheesy chicken tetrazzini recipe and let me know what you think!Print