*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
If you love root beer, you’re going to love this homemade root beer recipe! Whether you’re looking for a festive drink for a Halloween party or just want to serve up a icy cold beverage at your next BBQ or party, this recipe is a great one to have in your recipe box.
HOMEMADE ROOT BEER
Homemade Root beer seems to be quite popular for Halloween. Serving this yummy drink with some homemade donuts is always a good idea.
But… don’t limit yourself to making this just in October!
ROOT BEER IS FUN FOR:
- Hocus Pocus witch-themed party
- Doughnut Parties
- Family dinners
- Kids Halloween parties
- Summer parties & BBQs
- Family reunions
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HOMEMADE ROOT BEER:
- root beer extract
- dry ice
- cauldron or large insulated drink jug like this one from Amazon
SHORT ON TIME? TRY THIS QUICK METHOD!
Although this recipe is really pretty simple to make, if you find yourself without time to run to the store for ingredients or to mix the stuff together, you can always just pick up some already made Root Beer and add dry ice to it for a similar effect.
Don’t forget the cauldron or a large insulated jug to keep serve it out of!
OTHER ROOT BEER FUN!Print
Homemade root beer recipe that’s perfect for Halloween parties! Serve it out of a cauldron as a witch’s brew!
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 20 cups cold water
- 3/8 bottle of root beer extract (2 ounce size)
- 4 pounds dry ice
- In a large container, mix together the sugar and water. Make sure the sugar dissolves completely. Then add the root beer extract.
- Add in the dry ice carefully and put a loose lid over the container. (Don’t store tight or pressure will build up).
- Let the mixture brew for about an hour before serving.
- Category: Drinks
Keywords: homemade root beer, root beer