An easy homemade root beer with dry ice recipe! Whether you’re looking for a festive drink for a Halloween party or just want to serve up a icy cold beverage at your next BBQ or party, this recipe is a great one to have in your recipe box.
HOMEMADE ROOT BEER
Homemade Root beer seems to be quite popular for Halloween. Serving this yummy drink with some homemade donuts is always a good idea.
But… don’t limit yourself to making this just in October!
DRY ICE ROOT BEER IS FUN FOR:
- Hocus Pocus witch-themed party
- Doughnut Parties
- Family dinners
- Kids Halloween parties
- Summer parties & BBQs
- Family reunions
HOW TO MAKE ROOT BEER WITH DRY ICE
Making root beer with dry ice is really quite easy and you’ll only need a few ingredients.
- root beer extract
- dry ice
- cauldron or large insulated drink jug like this one from Amazon
In a large container, mix the sugar and water together until all the sugar is dissolved. Then pour in the root beer extract and give it all a good stir.
Carefully add the dry ice into the container and put a loose lid on. You don’t want the pressure to build up.
Let the root beer brew for about an hour. This will carbonate the drink. Then serve!
EASY ROOT BEER RECIPE
Although this root beer recipe is really pretty simple to make, if you find yourself without time to run to the store for ingredients or to mix the stuff together, you can always just pick up some already made Root Beer and add dry ice to it for a similar effect.
Don’t forget the cauldron or a large insulated jug to keep serve it out of! And be sure to have a large ladle!
OTHER ROOT BEER FUN!
Here’s the dry ice root beer recipe!Print
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 20 cups cold water
- ⅜ bottle of root beer extract (2 ounce size)
- 4 pounds dry ice
- In a large container, mix together the sugar and water. Make sure the sugar dissolves completely. Then add the root beer extract.
- Add in the dry ice carefully and put a loose lid over the container. (Don’t store tight or pressure will build up).
- Let the mixture brew for about an hour before serving.
- Category: Drinks
Keywords: homemade root beer, root beer