My three year old has been asking to go to the beach nearly every day lately! So for his end-of-preschool party, we made some beach cupcakes to welcome summer. Okay, it may not officially be summer until June, but we can’t wait that long to start doing summery things. Including making beach cupcakes. :)
What you’ll need for beach cupcakes:
- cupcakes (we used a box cake mix!)
- frosting, blue and white
- goldfish crackers
- graham crackers or vanilla wafers, crushed
- mini umbrellas (directions below)
They are so very easy to decorate.
1. Start by frosting just over half of the cupcake with the white frosting. Then sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the frosting. Shake off an excess “sand.”
2. Frost the remaining section with the blue frosting. Stick a goldfish on the frosting while it is still wet.
3. Add an umbrella. Wow your guests with these beach cupcakes!
*To make the umbrella, cut a circle out of your favorite patterned paper. I used a 2.5″ circle punch. Make a slit just into the center of the circle. Wrap both sides around, forming a dome and secure with glue or double-sided tape. Stick a toothpick through the center. Easy, huh?
…Pin this for later! …
Also, is a beach trip on your list this summer? Check out this Beach Guide for a complete list to make your trip a success!